Tuesday, July 13, 2010




Day 28, Tuesday, July 13, 2010
We only have 333 miles to get home. As we drive, I have noticed over the last few days that the ground has turned from brown to green and there are things sticking up out of the ground that block our view; I think we called them trees. We haven’t seen any for a couple of weeks so I‘m not really sure. We have stopped at an antique shop just south of Cameron, Mo where Floyce has been looking around for quite some time now. I probably should be worried. As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw a girl that I thought was Jeanne Taylor. I let Floyce out, went down to the corner and gassed up then came back, went in and talked to her and sure enough it was Jeanne. Had a comment to my blog last night from Tracy and a call this morning from Denise and I talked to Hannah. Floyce & I have had a wonderful time but we agreed we are ready to be home. On the way home, We stopped for “Mexican” lunch at Brookfield and it was very good. Are stopped now at Monroe City to see Floyce’s mom. We arrived in Palmyra at about 3:35 and stopped at C& R to get a few things to munch on during the all-star game before we go home. It is 3:50 and we are home. We had a wonderful time and lived a dream for the past 28 days. God made a magnificent world for us to live I and Floyce & I have appreciated the opportunity to see our part of it. Thanks to everyone who read our blog and shared comments; thanks to Denise Clifton for watching after our home while we were away and thank you God.

1 comment:

  1. I thank God for bringing you back home safe and sound. Thanks for this blog, Gene. I'm so glad that you and Floyce are in our lives. I'll be talking to you soon!

    ReplyDelete