Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 26, July 11, 2010
Got up this morning and hunted up a church (Central United Methodist on University Blvd.). After church, we went to The St Clair Winery for lunch. Floyce bought a wine glass for a souvenir. Then we went to “Old Town” where Floyce did a little shopping while I caught a nap. Later in the afternoon, we drove up the “Turquoise Trail” (highway 14) to Santa Fe. It was a pretty drive but not a spectacular as some we have been on in the last few weeks. While in Santa Fe, we ate supper at “The Tune-up CafĂ©. This is another of the “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives”. It was kinda ho-hum. We stopped to get ice and gas and I asked Floyce if there was anything else she wanted to see and she said “no”. She asked me if I wanted to program the GPS for home and I said “I already have”. It showed 1109 miles to home. Off I went and we drove until about 10:00 and I got sleepy so I pulled off for a nap. About 12:00 I woke up and started driving again. Somewhere In the night as were passing Vega, TX, we noticed a large number of flashing red lights way in the distance and the unusual thing was that they all flashed together. I just couldn’t resist pulling off at a gas station to ask what they were and found that it was a large wind farm and the lights were on all of the windmills. Got sleepy again about 3:30 and stopped again for a nap.

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready for Mr. and Mrs. Wharton to come home! Palmyra just isn't the same without you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys. We are in Emporia, Ks and will be home tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete