Sunday, June 27, 2010





Day 12,June 27, 2010
It is Sunday so we went to church at the Grace Bible Church in Marysville, WA. The choir and music were wonderful. The sermon was very intellectual and you had to pay close attention and it lasted about 45 minutes. Then off to brunch at Boondockers. We had Pina’ Colada pancakes with hot rum sauce. Mmmmmmm. The owners were a couple from Pakistan; their son was a West Point graduate and they were very proud. Floyce and the owner talked food and he printed off the recipe for the pancakes. Drove on down to Seattle to the Space Needle which I wanted to ride to the top until I saw the elevator. It went right up the outside like those that hotels sometimes use. The Space Needle is about 500’ tall and when I saw that elevator, my knees turned to jelly. Driving through downtown Seattle we noticed lots of verrrrry strange looking people and lots of trash along the streets. The people were straaaaange with pink hair weird clothes and more pierced lips and noses than I have ever seen before. We asked what was going on and were told that they had had a gay pride (an oxymoron as far as I’m concerned) parade today. Boy! I’m glad I missed that! Floyce wanted to go to Bainbridge Island to visit the wineries and the shortest way to get there was to ferry over; so we drove the van onto the ferry and off we went. It was really neat. Seems like we are being exposed to lots of ferries(fairies) all of a sudden. We visited Bainbridge Island Winery where I tasted some blackberry wine. Mmmmmmm. Bought a bottle to bring home. Floyce found a couple she liked also. Wanting to do something different, we took the long way back and drove to Seatac where we will spend the night. I notice that the pictures are generally in the reverse order in which I select them and also not in the text that describes them. I will work on these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment